Marketing and Communications Volunteer
Hagar is an international NGO, founded in Cambodia in 1994 and committed to the holistic recovery, empowerment and reintegration of individuals who have survived human rights abuse; particularly domestic violence, human trafficking and sexual exploitation.
Our Mission: Whatever it takes for as long as it takes to restore a broken life!
Hagar International is now looking for a passionate and a qualified candidate to fulfill the role of Marketing & Communications Volunteer based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
The Marketing & Communications Volunteer will support the Hagar International Marketing team in managing Hagar’s growing social media presence. S/he is knowledgeable in social media analytics using third-party sites and Google Analytics. S/he is aware and passionate about the fight against human rights abuse, including exploitation, sex and labour trafficking, etc.
This role reports to Hagar’s Marketing Coordinator and is based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- Engage and grow Hagar International’s online community by daily updating its social media platforms with fresh content from the different programmes
- Source and design imagery that will be used on the Hagar International website and social media platforms
- In conjunction with the Marketing team, the Marketing & Communications Volunteer will assist in developing various communication materials for Hagar programmes as needed
- Respond to messages and feedback on Hagar’s social media platforms and website
- Research best practices to improve donor engagement online
The right candidate for Marketing & Communications Volunteer will be:
- Committed to Hagar’s vision and mission to restore to wholeness the lives of survivors of severe human rights abuse.
- Passionate about human rights issues and a willingness to learn more about these complex matters.
- An effective communicator, demonstrating the ability to write persuasively in English for a variety of platforms
- A strong team player who is also able to adapt in a multi-cultural environment, able to multi-task and work independently
- An innovator, able to come up with fresh ideas for online campaigns and other marketing activities
- A degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Aware of current and upcoming innovations in the digital field
- Should have previous experience volunteering with nonprofit organisations
- Knowledgeable in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is a plus
Interested applicants should submit their CV, cover letter and send to firstname.lastname@example.org